Thursday, July 18, 2013

C4T #3

What Now? What Next? So What?

In the blog, PaCT with the Devil, she talks about this new system that their education system is developing and trying to put in place. It is a system that is designed to categorize every student into different categories based on the number of years they have been taught and so fourth. She goes on to explain that you can't do this for every student because not every student is the same. She thinks that this new system will hurt many students more than it will help. So she just wishes that they would stop trying this new system and take a different approach to the problem. This is all happening in New Zealand. But let's think about it. Isn't this very same thing happening in our education system. Isn't that what standardized testing doing? I think so.

My Comment:
"Hi, I am a student in edm310 at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I agree with your blog. I don't think you can categorize every student. Each student is different and no two students are the same. So why are education leaders trying to make it this way. I have asked myself this question many times and I have yet to come up with the answer. I wish that these leaders would take a step back and give the teachers and the students the reigns since we are the ones in the classroom and are seeing what is going on."

Tears

In the second blog post I read. She talks about one of her students getting really excited about Arbor Day. She then goes on to talk about how she didn't get the chance to talk to him in class so she tweeted him. I was shocked to see students at that age already using twitter and facebook. I couldn't believe that children of that age could learn and understand how to use those technology tools, but some adults cannot. I thought it was amazing how she used those for of communications to talk to her students.
My Comment
"Hi, my name is Chris Perry and I am a student in edm310 at the University of South Alabama. I think that it is amazing that your students are so interested in a day such as Arbor Day. I know that many children in the United States are not. They think it is silly and unimportant. It is nice to know that there are still children out there that do care about our planet. Also I am shocked to see that your students know what facebook and twitter are. I did not think that they would have any knowledge about those things. The use of technology can go a long way if used in the proper setting."

Communication is the most important aspect of teaching

No comments:

Post a Comment